A part of looking after ourselves is listening to our body and that includes paying attention to our gut.
Our body speaks to us. Do you get annoyed or angry when your body hurts, or doesn't do what you'd expect?
Imagine if we treated our spouses, our friends, our children that way!!! ...it wouldn't be good hey?!
So why then, do we do it? Why fume with anger, be full of disappointment and think negatively.. when all our body/our gut is trying to say is, "hey!", "help!". It needs embracing, listening to, expressions of self-care and self-love.
Over the weekend if you find our stomach making strange noises, bloated as can be, jammed up, painful, not right.. give yourself some space to find out why. Try listening, thinking well of and cherishing that beautiful, God-given body you have!
Gut friendly tips:
- calm + peaceful environment
- positive thoughts + calm state of mind (in the midst of a stressful situation or environment)
- fibre - whole fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, legumes and grains (fibre feeds our good bacteria)
- ditch sugar + white (refined) products (like pasta, rice, bread, flour..)
- healing - slippery elm (ahhhhmazing for IBD, IBS, constipation/diarrhoea), fermented foods, probiotics, glutamine, aloe vera, turmeric (wonderful for pain + inflammation), digestive enzymes, anti-microbial herbs
- chamomile, peppermint + fennel tea